Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Guess Where I Am!?!?

No...not Hawaii! I'm down under, mate! That's right, I get around like Tupac. I went from L.A., Hawaii, back to L.A., then to Sydney, Australia.

In this first picture, you'll see the Sydney Harbour Bridge behind me. It goes across Sydney Harbour between the Sydney central business district and the North Shore. The bridge is nicknamed by the locals "The Coat Hanger" because of its arched design. It first opened to traffic in 1932 and, until 1967, it was the city's tallest structure. According to the Guinness World Records, it's the world's widest long-span bridge, and it is the tallest steel arch bridge. It's also the fifth longest spanning-arch bridge in the world.


In this next photo, you'll see the Sydney Opera House behind me. The Sydney Opera House is one of the busiest performing arts centers in the world. It was created and built by Danish architect Jorn Utzon. It was made a UNESCO World Heritage site in June 2007.


Now I've got to go and explore the city more. G'day mate!